Procedure from Application to Event Day
Before race entry, you need to register for the entry website "JTB Sports Station" (Free registration). If you are not a member yet, we recommend you register for it in advance before the entry period begins.
- Wednesday June 13
8:00 p.m. -
- Application period begins.
The application for each race will be closed when the application limit is reached.
- Mid-Late November
- Guide for Paticipants and Number Card Voucher will be available to all participants via My Page on JTB Sports Station.
- Saturday December 8
- [All competitions] Runner's Check-in (Packet Pick-up)
(10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. / 3km Jog check-in will be closed at 1:20 p.m.) Note: Registration after the closure will not be accepted.
Check-in Location: Naraden Field(Nara City Konoike Athletics Stadium)
Please print out and bring Guide for Participants and Number Card Voucher with you.
Note: Runner's check-in is held on Saturday December 8 only. No participants are allowed to run without check-in on the designated day.
[2:15 p.m. Start of 3km Jog]
You will not be allowed to run unless you check in by 1:20 p.m.
- Sunday December 9
- [9:00 a.m. Start of Marathon]
[9:30 a.m. Start of 10km]
Note: As the application limit is reached and the entry period ends, the situation will be informed on this website.
How to Apply
Please note that you are asked to apply for the race upon agreement to the terms of application stated later.
You can participate in a pair of "Marathon and 3km Jog" or "10km and 3km Jog."
Runners from overseas can apply through the entry site "JTB Sports Station." Note: Membership registration is required in advance (Free of charge).
- - Duplicate entry for marathon and 10km is NOT allowed. In case of duplication, his/her entry shall be void and no registration fee shall be refunded for the duplication.
- - Participation rights are not transferred to anyone. No name and other information shall be amended even if it is caused by typing errors.
- - When applying for multiple people (group application) on "JTB Sports Station," there are many cases that the representative person makes an error on the names and races of other applicants. Please confirm them carefully. And team members and parents (in case of the applicant is underage) are regarded they have approved the applicant's participation.
- - Your devices, OS or browsers may be incompatible and unavailable for application.
Terms of Application
Before applying for entry, please read and agree to the following terms of application.
(1) After the application is completed, cancellation of your entry or changes to entry information, such as race type etc., due to personal reasons cannot be made. Fees are non-refundable even in the case of excessive or duplicate payment.
(2) Any fees paid are non-refundable if the race is cancelled or shortened due to reasons that are out of the organizer’s control (earthquake, storm, flood, snow, incidents, accidents, disease, etc.). Check-in registration or race participation outside of the prescribed time will not be accepted even if the delay is caused by problems in public transport or road conditions.
(3) Since runners are responsible for their own health, please pay attention to your physical condition and make appropriate preparations for the race. The organizer may command a runner to retire from the race if it is considered necessary, and runners should follow such instructions. The organizer provides only first-aid treatment to runners’ injuries or sickness during the race.
(4) Non-adult runners must receive permission from their guardians before applying.
(5) If false statements are made on the application (age, sex, past records, etc.) or dishonest actions are taken, such as the participation of a person other than the applicant, participation, times, and awards will be revoked, and fees paid will not be refunded.
(6) Participants cannot display any apparel on the course and grounds of the marathon that exhibit company or brand names, or any other items with said company or brand designs used in advertisements (other than those chosen by the organizer); nor may participants wear apparel that may be harmful to others, be seen as indecent, or anything that the organizers find unsuitable.
(7) The organizer holds the image rights of videos, photographs, articles, entrants’ names, ages, addresses (prefecture and municipality), as well as the right of publishing this information via newspapers, TV, magazines, the internet, brochures, etc. Please also read the “Personal Information Policy” below.
(8) All event staff will observe all related laws.
(9) For matters related to Nara Marathon 2018 but not mentioned above, please follow the organizer’s instructions.
We, the organizer of this event, realize the importance of personal information, and will comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), laws and related ordinances concerning the protection of personal information, and handle the obtained information in accordance with our personal information protection policy. We may use the information in order to improve services to entrants. Namely, we may provide entrants with “information for entrants”, notice of record, related information, services by organizations related to the event, and notice of results (ranking). Further, the organizer or its agent may contact you regarding your application.
Inquiry about entry
JTB Sports Station
7F Cross bldg.,3-1-8, Minamikyuhoji-machi,
Chuo-ku,Osaka, Japan 541-0058
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 28th to Jan. 3th)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
Inquiry about the Nara Marathon
Nara Marathon Organizing Committee Office
757 Horen-cho, Nara City, Nara Prefecture 630-8113, Japan
TEL: +81-742-81-8752 (9:00 a.m-4:30 p.m. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays)