Nara Marathon 2017 Outline
- Event Name
- Nara Marathon 2017
- Nara Marathon Organizing Committee
- Nara Prefecture, Nara City, Tenri City and Nara Newspaper
- Nara Athletics Association
- Nara Prefecture Board of Education,Nara Sports Association, Community Sports Commissioners Nara
- Nara City Fire Department, Nara Prefecture Regional Fire Service Association, Japanese Red Cross Society Nara Prefecture Office
- Event Date & Time
- Saturday December 9, 2017/ 14:15 3km Jog
Sunday December 10, 2017/ 9:00 Marathon (42.195km)
Sunday December 10, 2017/ 9:30 10km
The marathon course starts and finishes at Naraden Field (Nara City Konoike Athletics Stadium). The turn-around point is located in Tenri City. (The course is certified by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations and the AIMS)
The 10 km competition starts and finishes at Naraden Field (Nara City Konoike Athletics Stadium). The turn-around point is located in Nara City.
A specially set-up course at Naradenryoku Konoike Park (Konoike Sports Park).
Competition Capacity Time Limit Eligibility for International Runners Participation Fee Participation Prize Marathon
first-come first-served basis
Those who live outside Japan and were born on or before April 1st 1998 8,600 Yen T-Shirts 10km 4,000
first-come first-served basis
Those who live outside Japan and were born on or before April 1st 1998. 4,300 Yen Those who live outside of Japan and were born between April 2nd 1998 - April 1st 2001. 2,800 Yen 3km
first-come first-served basis
45 minutes Those who live outside Japan and are over 6 years old 1,500 yen
Promotional price for international runners!
Note 1: You will be charged an additional entry processing fee.
Note 2: Participation fee includes accident insurance. Coverage for accidents and sickness during the race includes only that which the event organiser has enrolled in.
- Starting lines
- For the smooth and safe operation of the marathon, participants of the full marathon and 10 km race will start in blocks according to their estimated finish times reported in their applications. Those who do not fill out an estimated finish time will be placed in the last block.
- Checkpoint and Time Limits
- ・Time limits are based on gun time. Cross time is measured as the time taken for the runner to cross the finish line after the gun goes off. Depending on the starting block, it may take upwards of 10 minutes to cross the starting line after the gun goes off. Adjustments in race and checkpoint closure times due to interruptions in the race - such as the passage of emergency vehicles - will not be made.
・Runners will be disqualified if they fail to pass through the checkpoints before the cut-off time or if they do not finish the race within the time limit. Furthermore, those who lag excessively behind the cut-off time pace, clearly cannot make it to the next checkpoint or finish line in time, affect the schedule for traffic restrictions, or who are clearly unable to finish the race may be asked to leave the race by physicians or race officials. Please follow all instructions given if asked to leave. When leaving the race, please remove your number card and move to the next closing point (or the finish site) by the official race bus or on foot.
In case of an emergency vehicle passing through the race course due to a fire, accident, injury or any other incident, the vehicles are given priority passage and all runners are requested to temporarily stop and follow the directions of race officials. The race officials may instruct the runners to temporarily stop or change course whenever necessary.
Closing Point Distance location Interval Closing time Closing Point 1 5.4km In front of Suzakumon Gate ー 10:00 Closing Point 2 10.6km Nara Kotsu Takabatake Coach Yard 5.2km 10:44 Closing Point 3 15.7km In front of Fukuyama Tsuun Building 5.1km 11:25 Closing Point 4 20.0km Intersection at north end of Shirakawa Ohashi Bridge 4.3km 11:56 Closing Point 5 25.8km North end of Warakubashi Bridge 5.8km 12:44 Closing Point 6 30.5km Shirakawa central promenade south gate 4.7km 13:22 Closing Point 7 34.4km East of Yamamura-cho bus stop 3.9km 13:54 Closing Point 8 38.0km Nara Kotsu Takabatake Coach Yard 3.6km 14:25 Closing Point 9 39.6km Noborioji Kanko Parking Area 1.6km 14:37 FINISH 42.195km Konoike Athletics Stadium 2.595km 15:00 10km Race
7.5km In front of Todaijigakuen Kindergarten ー 10:35 FINISH 10.0km Konoike Athletics Stadium 2.5km 11:00
- ▼Marathon and 10 km
１．Fastest 8 runners
２．Fastest 3 runners from each age category: 29 years old or younger, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, and 70 years old or older)
・ No times will be recorded or awarded for 3km Jog. A Finisher’s Certificate (no time mentioned) will be given for 3km joggers.
・A Finisher’s medal and towel will be given to those who have completed the Marathon race.
・Special awards have been prepared. The details and extra prizes will be announced at the awards ceremony.
・No times will be recorded or awarded for 3km Jog. A Finisher’s Certificate (no time mentioned) will be given for 3km joggers.
- How to Apply and Application Period
- (Application period) Wednesday June 15th 2017, 8:00 p.m. (Japan Standard Time) to Friday July 30th, 2017 Note: Applications are accepted in order of arrival. The application period will end when the application limit is reached.
(How to Apply) Go to the Nara Marathon entry website “JTB Sports Station” at https://jtbsports.jp/ and fill out the form.
Note: Before applying for entry, please read and agree to the following terms of application.
- Guide for Participants
- This document will be uploaded to JTB Sports Station’s Mypage in late-November.
- Check-in (Packet Pick-up)
- Saturday, December 9th (10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.) *Check-in is required for participation in the race.
- Terms of Application
- (1) Cancellation of your entry or changes to entry information, such as race type etc., due to personal reasons cannot be made. Fees are non-refundable even in the case of excessive or duplicate payment.
(2) Any fees paid are non-refundable if the race is cancelled or shortened due to reasons that are out of the organizer’s control (earthquake, storm, flood, snow, incidents, accidents, disease, etc.). Check-in registration or race participation outside of the prescribed time will not be accepted even if the delay is caused by problems in public transport or road conditions.
(3) Since runners are responsible for their own health, please pay attention to your physical condition and make appropriate preparations for the race. The organizer may command a runner to retire from the race if it is considered necessary, and runners should follow such instructions. The organizer provides only first-aid treatment to runners’ injuries or sickness during the race.
(4) Non-adult runners must receive permission from their guardians before applying.
(5) If false statements are made on the application (age, sex, past records, etc.) or dishonest actions are taken, such as the participation of a person other than the applicant, participation, times, and awards will be revoked, and fees paid will not be refunded.
(6) Participants cannot display any apparel on the course and grounds of the marathon that exhibit company or brand names, or any other items with said company or brand designs used in advertisements (other than those chosen by the organizer); nor may participants wear apparel that may be harmful to others, be seen as indecent, or anything that the organizers find unsuitable.
(7) The organizer holds the image rights of videos, photographs, articles, entrants’ names, ages, addresses (prefecture and municipality), as well as the right of publishing this information via newspapers, TV, magazines, the internet, brochures, etc. Please also read the “Personal Information Policy” below.
(8) All event staff will observe all related laws.
(9) For matters related to Nara Marathon 2017 but not mentioned above, please follow the organizer’s instructions.
- Personal Information Policy
- We, the organizer of this event, realize the importance of personal information, and will comply with laws and related ordinances concerning the protection of personal information, and handle the obtained information in accordance with our personal information protection policy. We may use the information in order to improve services to entrants. Namely, we may provide entrants with the guide “information for entrants”, notice of record, related information, services by organizations related to the event, and notice of results (ranking). Further, the organizer or its agent may contact you regarding your application.
Inquiries about entry
JTB Sports Station
7F Cross bldg.,3-1-8, Minamikyuhoji-machi,Chuo-ku,Osaka, Japan 541-0058
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 28th to Jan. 3th)Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
Inquiry about the Nara Marathon
Nara Marathon Organizing Committee Office
757 Horen-cho, Nara City, Nara Prefecture 630-8113, Japan
TEL: +81-742-81-8752 (9:00 a.m-5:00 p.m. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays)