Useful information from doctors - Health checklist in advance to race entry
Useful information 1 - Health checklist in advance to race entry
Nara Marathon Medial Team
Thank you for your consideration in registering for the Nara Marathon.
When it comes to applying for a marathon race, you need to have a health checkup at least once a year. Prior to your registration, please go through the following statements.
(A) If any of the following items (1-4) is applicable to you, please consult your primary care doctor on your race participation. Take a health checkup or heart examination under your doctor's supervision. Take part in a race on your own responsibility.
1. I have ever been diagnosed with or am undergoing treatment for a cardiac disease (myocardial infarction, angina, cardiomyopathy, heart valves, irregular heartbeat, etc.).
2. I have ever fainted all of a sudden (syncopal attack).
3. I have my relative who suddenly died of so-called "heart attack" (sudden death).
4. It has been more than a year since my last health checkup.
(B) The following items (5-8) are risk factors that can lead to myocardial infarction or angina. If any of the items is applicable to you, consult your primary care doctor and keep your condition stable perior to taking part in a race.
5. My blood pressure is high (hypertension).
6. My blood sugar level is high (diabetes).
7. I have a high LDL cholesterol level or neutral fat level (hyperlipemia).
8. I smoke.
A primary care doctor is those who are close to you and manage your health and condition.
Determine your primary care doctor and regularly consult about examinations and race participation.
4.11.2013 Japan Association of Athletics Medical Committee
"Health checklist when applying for public marathon and road races"
step back to the previous page